Things to see or do
- Directions from Town: Bus: Ulsterbus No. 261 between Belfast and Enniskillen, request stop at entrance gates. Cycle: 1.5 miles from NCN route 91, signs from Lakeland Forum in Enniskillen. Boat: Public jetty at Ardhowen Theatre opposite Estate gates. Car: On A4, 1.5 miles from Enniskillen, on main Enniskillen to Belfast road. Drive time: Enniskillen 5 minutes, Belfast 1.5 hours, Dublin 2.5 hours.
- Opening times: Grounds Open: 1st January – 29th February 10am to 4pm daily, 1st March - 31st October 10am to 7pm daily, 1st November -31st December 10am to 4pm daily. Opening times for House, Shop and Tea- room vary, please contact premises directly.
- Prices: Standard Admission- Whole Property Adult £5, Child £2 Family £12
- Mobile narrative: Explore this beautifully maintained neo-classical stately home and landscaped gardens.
Castle CooleEnniskillen Fermanagh - Northern Ireland
If you are looking for stately grandeur then Castle Coole is a rare treat. Surrounded by its stunning landscape park on the edge of Enniskillen, this majestic 18th century home of the Earls of Belmore, designed by James Wyatt, was created to impress. The surrounding wooded landscape park sloping down to Lough Coole is ideal for long walks.
• One of Ireland's greatest neo-classical houses
• Exquisitely awe-inspiring beauty with rich decoration, furnishings and furniture
• Sumptuous Regency interior includes State Bedroom prepared for George IV
• Unusual servant's tunnel
• Historic landscape park, ideal for family walks
• Musical events held in the Great Hall and gardens throughout the year
Visitor facilities –
Historic house: Park: Shop: Refreshments: Guided tours: Suitable for picnics: Country walk: Programme of events: Access for visitors with disability: Facilities for families: Learning: Dogs welcome on leads in grounds/garden only: Available for functions.
Last tour 1 hour before closing.
Tea Room & Shop Open as per House and close at 5:30pm.
ContactTelephone+44 (0)28 6632 2690
Address: Castle Coole, Castlecoole Road, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, BT74 6JY