Things to see or do
- Directions from Town: City Centre location
- Prices: Adults £4.20 Concession (child,student,unemployed & senior citizen) £2.65 Family (2 Adults + 3 children) £9.45
- Mobile narrative: The Tower Museum is located within the city’s historic walls and has won four major awards since its opening in October 1992.
- Opening times: Tuesday - Saturday 10am - 5pm
Tower MuseumDerry City Londonderry - Northern Ireland
The Tower Museum is located within the City’s historic walls and has won four major awards since its opening in October 1992.
The Tower Museum houses two permanent exhibitions.
1. "The Story of Derry" tells the colourful and dramatic history of the city from earliest prehistory to the present. This exhibition has recently undergone a major refurbishment programme and re-opened in October 2006
2. "An Armada Shipwreck - La Trinidad Valencera" tells the story of one of the largest ships in the Spanish Armada, La Trinidad Valencera, which sank off the Donegal Coast in 1588 and was rediscovered by divers from the City of Derry Sub-Aqua Club in 1971.
Both exhibitions use a range of display and interactive techniques to present their stories.
The top of the Tower Museum (level 5) provides the only open air viewing facility in the heart of the city centre with stunning panoramic views of the inner city and river Foyle.
For further information please contact (028) 7137 2411.
**Highly Commended, Best Visitor Experience category, NI Tourism Awards 2009**
ContactTelephone+44 (0)28 7137 2411
Fax:+44 (0)28 7136 6018
Address: Tower Museum, Union Hall Place, Londonderry, Londonderry, BT48 6LU