Things to see or do
- Opening times: April – September Monday - Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 10am - 5pm October - March 10am - 5pm every day Closed: December 24, 25, 26
- Prices: Standard admission charges Adult £13.50 Child (5-16) £6.75 Child (under 5) Free Student/Unemployed £9.50 OAP (Mon - Fri) £9.75 OAP (Sat - Sun) £11.50 Family (2 Adults + 2 Children) £34 School/ Education group £5 Group at Door (15+) £12.75
- Mobile narrative: Titanic Belfast is a 'must see' visit in any tour of Belfast and Northern Ireland.
- Business Tourism Conference Space Provider Narrative: Titanic Belfast, the largest and most authentic Titanic Visitor Experience in the world is located in Belfast, a city rich in maritime heritage. Representing the most architecturally and experiential development in recent times, the event suites at Titanic Belfast offer exquisite levels of service blended seamlessly within state of the art facilities. Titanic Belfast is an architecturally stunning iconic venue and an impressive location for any event. Offering a uniquely Belfast experience, delegates can enjoy panoramic views over the slipways, the exact site where the giant structure of Titanic was built over 100 years ago. Located on the top floors of the building, and at the exact height of Titanic’s superstructure, the Titanic Suites comprise an unparalleled range of flexible function spaces offering conference, meeting and breakout spaces in elegant but practical surroundings. Complemented by a range of unique exhibition and reception spaces, Titanic Belfast offers delegates a truly memorable conference, banquet or incentive experience. The Titanic Suites, Northern Ireland's largest dedicated banqueting space, offers dining capabilities for up to 1000 guests. The opulent decor is themed on the interiors of Titanic herself, including a replica of the liner’s Grand Staircase and is an exclusive and opulent space for gala dinners, conferences and private functions. Offering exceptional quality of dining and service, our in house catering and AV expertise are tailored to each event ensuring a seamless experience for all guests.
Titanic BelfastBelfast Antrim - Northern Ireland
Winner of Outstanding Contribution to Tourism, Highly Commended in Best Visitor Experience and Marketing and Sales Excellence, NITA Awards 2013.
Titanic Belfast is a 'must see' visit in any tour of Belfast and Northern Ireland. Housed in an iconic, six-floor building, it is located in the heart of Belfast, right beside the historic site of this world-famous ship’s construction.
Titanic Belfast has become the most popular tourist attraction in Northern Ireland and one of the top attractions in Ireland, having welcomed more than 650,000 visitors through its doors between opening on 31 March and the end of 2012.
As you walk through the doors of the attraction you will be introduced to the building’s giant atrium surrounded by the four ‘ships’, hull shaped wings which house the beginning of the Titanic experience. Your journey takes you through nine galleries of this state-of-the-art visitor experience telling the story of the Titanic, from its conception in Belfast in the early 1900s, through its construction and launch, to its famous maiden voyage and tragic end. The story is brought up to the present with the discovery of the wreck and into the future with live links to contemporary undersea exploration.
The galleries employ a variety of interactive media including CGI, film, audio, artefacts and full-scale replicas; a high point will be a ride through the Titanic under construction.
The galleries include:-
Boomtown Belfast – you will learn about Belfast at the turn of the century as a thriving boom town
The Arrol Gantry and Shipyard Ride – experience a thrilling ride through a dramatic presentation of the shipyards and Titanic under construction
The Launch – watch the launch from the slipways
The Fit-Out – explore the sumptuous luxury and superb craftsmanship of Titanic’s interior
The Maiden Voyage – Be brought deep into the stories of the passengers, the crew and the heroes of the day;
The Sinking – relive the drama of the tragic end to Titanic’s maiden voyage
The Aftermath – visit the wreck at her resting place on the floor of the Atlantic
Myths and Legends – bringing together the many stories, media reports of the time and since, movies, legends and fantasies which have grown up around this world renowned tale
Titanic Beneath – voyage to the bottom of the sea in our unique Ocean Exploration Centre with live links to contemporary undersea exploration
For corporate visitors the fifth and sixth floors showcase the elegant 'Titanic' banqueting suite in a spectacular design based on the Titanic’s interiors and will have a capacity for 750 diners. There are two pre-function rooms called Olympic and Britannic and a mezzanine called the Bridge. It will be a unique, luxurious and stylish venue offering an extensive set of outstanding conference, banqueting and event facilities. The building will also house a community arts facility for local exhibitions, performance and conferences, gallery/temporary exhibition space and a family restaurant, café and shop.
After Hours at Titanic Belfast
The Story Comes to Life
TITANIC Belfast in association with U105 is lighting up Friday nights in the city with an enhanced gallery experience, tapas dining offering and evening bar complete with live entertainment.
What’s On at After Hours - first Friday of every month
• Enhanced gallery experience with staff in period costume
• The Atrium will be transformed into relaxed bar serving a variety of drinks to start your weekend in style
• Enjoy live music in the gigantic Atrium
• Our Bistro 401 will be serving delicious sharing plates to sociably eat with friends, colleagues or couples.
• Enjoy shopping at Titanic Store
Find out more about After Hours at Titanic Belfast, which takes place on the first Friday of every month.
Did you know?
• In December 2009, the Titanic Quarter saw Ireland’s largest concrete pour to form the basement – 40,000 cubic metres, almost 700 concrete lorries, one every six minutes
• The entire external façade is clad in 3,000 individual silver anodized aluminium shards and is enhanced by reflective pools of water surrounding the base of the structure
• Titanic Belfast has Ireland’s longest suspended escalator installed. At over 25 metres long, it has 124 steps and provides access to two upper floors
• The entrance hall is 25,000sq ft which includes a 60ft high wall covered in sheet metal panels similar in size to those used on Titanic’s Hull
• The ticketing desks will be designed to duplicate wooden keel blocks akin to those which Titanic’s massive 46,328 tonnes rested upon in the Titanic Dock
• Titanic Belfast is twice the size of Belfast City Hall covering 140,000sq ft
• The highest point of the building is 38.545 meters from the plaza level
• The external façade replicates four 90ft high hulls
• Titanic Belfast is located 100 yards in front of where Titanic was built; to the right side is the drawing office where she was designed and to the left is the River Lagan where she first set sail
Tickets for Titanic Belfast are based on a timed ticketing with slots available every 20 minutes throughout opening times. Last admission is 1 hour 40 minutes before closing time.
See 'Information' tab for standard admission charges.
Tickets purchased online at www.titanicbelfast.com avail of a 5% discount.
Tickets are also available via telephone on T: +44 (0) 28 9076 6399 or in person at the Belfast Welcome Centre, 47 Donegall Place, Belfast, BT1 5AD.
A £1 transaction fee applies to all online transactions.
Dates & Times of Operation
See 'Information' tab. Closed 24, 25 & 26 December.
Average visit length: 1 hour 40 minutes - 2 hours
Other Visitor Information
GROUP BOOKINGS NECESSARY:
GROUP BOOKING CONTACT:
Tel: +44 (0) 28 9076 6372
Audio tour will be available in German, Spanish, French, Italian and Mandarin
RESTAURANTS AT GROUND FLOOR ENTRANCE LEVEL:
1. Family restaurant with wide menu choices
2. Café offering the full Barista range, with a selection of hot and cold beverages
Titanic Belfast flagship store with extensive range of exclusive clothing, gifts and memorabilia.
500 secure, underground parking spaces
Titanic Belfast Limited
1 Olympic Way
Tel: +44 (0) 28 9076 6399
OTHER GENERAL ENQUIRIES
Titanic Belfast Limited
1 Olympic Way
Tel: +44 (0) 28 9076 6386
Media Relations Executive
Tel: 07557 641 097
+44 (0) 28 9076 6380
ContactTelephone+44 (0)28 9076 6386
Address: Titanic Belfast, 1 Olympic Way, Belfast, BT3 9DP