Things to see or do
- Directions: Northbound from Dublin on the M1, take the exit for Julianstown. Look out for the brown tourism sign in Julianstown and turn right. You will spot Sonairte from a distance when you see the white wind turbine on the hilltop. The entrance to Sonairte is on the right just after the turbine.
- Opening Times: Open 10 to 5pm Wednesday to Sunday
- Facilities: Coach parking and public toilets
- Restaurant: Coffee shop - own picnics encouraged
- Guided Tours Available: Yes, pre-booking necessary
- Admission Prices: Adult €3, children €1, family €6. Group rates available.
Sonairte The National Ecology CentreLaytown Meath - Ireland East
Situated on the banks of the river Nanny, Sonairte's 2 acre site hosts a walled organic garden, nature trail and river walk. Sonairte environmental ethos echoes throughout the site, providing an ideal, relaxing space for visitors. At the cafe, shop and monthly market, you can taste and buy the produce from Sonairte garden. Tourist information and a range of education and training courses also provided.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)41 982 7572
Fax:+353 (0)41 982 7572
Address: The Ninch, Laytown, Co Meath, Republic of Ireland