Things to see or do
- Directions: Monaghan County Museum is situated on Hill Street in Monaghan Town.
- Guided Tours Available: Yes
- Opening Times: Mon - Fri: 11am - 5pm Sat: 12pm - 5pm
- Parking: There is no parking at the Museum, however patrons may park behind the Courthouse, which is just a short stroll away.
- Method of Payment Accepted: Cheque/Cash
- Opening Months: Open all year
- Admission Prices: Admission is free.
Monaghan County MuseumMonaghan Town Monaghan - Ireland East
The Monaghan County Museum, in Monaghan Town, boasts a comprehensive collection of artefacts including medieval crannógs native to Monaghan and perhaps one of the most prominent finds of the region: the Cross of Clogher dated to the 14th century. The Monaghan County Museum has been awarded the Council of Europe museum prize and the Gulbenkian (a Norwich Union award). The Monaghan County Museum encapsulates the archaeology of the local region and is also actively involved in many archaeological excavations in the local area.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)47 82 928
Fax:+353 (0)47 71 189
Address: 1-2 Hill Street, Monaghan Town, Co Monaghan, Republic of Ireland