Things to see or do
- Directions: The Johnstown Castle estate is 4 miles (6km) south west of Wexford town. When coming from Dublin (via N11), Cork (N25) or Rosslare, take the Wexford-Rosslare bypass (N25) to the T-Junction signposted with major signs for Johnstown Castle.
- Admisssion to Gardens Only Tickets: Admisssion the gardens from 1st April - 31st October 2012 Adult €3.00 OAP / Group€2.00 Child / Student €1 Family (2 adults and up to 4 children) €8.00 Season Ticket - individual €15.00 Season Ticket - joint €25.00 Season Ticket - family (2 adults and up to 4 children) €35.00
- Opening Hours: Johnstown Castle Gardens Opening Hours The gardens are open all year round, 7 days a week from 9am- 4.30pm.
- Facilities:: Plants for sale, Parking, Guide dogs only. Wheelchair Access Tea rooms open June to Sept (check times). Walled gardens open during summer months. Also In the old world former farmyard is the extensive and well laid out Irish Agricultural Museum.
- Is a member of the Wexford Garden Trail: An exploration of Wexford’s beautiful and historic gardens - follow the trail. Our larger public gardens provide an ideal outing for all the family; our smaller private gardens will give you an enjoyable and relaxing afternoon. Our Award winning Garden Centres will provide for all your garden needs.
- Admission Prices: Johnstown Castle Gardens & Irish Agricultural Museum Combined Tickets 2012 Adult €8.00 OAP / Group €6.00 Child / Student €4.00 Family (2 adults and up to 4 children) €24.00 Season Ticket - individual €30.00 Season Ticket - joint €40.00 Season Ticket - family (2 adults and up to 4 children) €50.00 Wedding Parties for photograph €50.00
Johnstown Castle GardensWexford Town Wexford - Ireland South
Johnstown Castle Garden has fifty acres of ornamental grounds. The famous architect Daniel Robertson designed both Johnstown Castle gardens and Powerscourt gardens. Johnston Castle is not open to visitors. The grounds contain a wide variety of trees and shrubs representing the best aspects of a formal and wild garden. The grounds are greatly enhanced by two lakes with folly towers and are populated with a range of waterfowl. Pleasant pathways meander through the pleasure grounds they are superbly presented to the visitor. Frequently there are glimpses of the castle shimmering in the waters of the lake from extensive walks in tranquil, tree dotted, pleasure grounds. In the old world former farmyard is the extensive and well laid out Irish Agricultural Museum. In July and August a small café here provides teas. The grounds also have a large and well-equipped picnic area.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)53 918 4671
Fax:+353 (0)53 918 4671
Address: Johnstown Castle Gardens, Co Wexford, Republic of Ireland