Things to see or do
- Directions: Located 5km outside Letterkenny off Churchill Road.
- Guided Tours Available: Guided Tours: Available on request. Max. No: 15-20 Duration: 45 minutes
- Facilities: Exhibition, car park, toilet for visitor with disabilities
- Tours: Guided tours available on request- maximum 20.
- Disabled Access: Restricted access for visitors with disabilities.
- Opening Hours: End May - End Septermber: Daily 10:00-18:30 Last Admission 45 minutes before closing Average Length of Visit: 1 hour
- Admission Prices: Free of charge.
Newmills Corn And Flax MillsLetterkenny Donegal - Ireland West
One of the few monuments of industrial archaeology in state care in the Republic is the complex of mills at Newmills, three miles west of Letterkenny in County Donegal. The oldest surviving building here is said to be 400 years old. Indeed, the whole complex is an interesting reminder of a stage in the industrial development of this country which has now given way to a more sophisticated but usually far less fascinating technology. The complex of industrial buildings includes both corn and flax mills powered by the river Swilly. The visitor to Newmills can experience the pleasure of seeing one of the largest waterwheels in Ireland in action.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)74 912 5115
Fax:+353 (0)74 910 0353
Address: Churchill Road, Letterkenny, Co Donegal, Republic of Ireland