Things to see or do
- Directions: Situated eighteen kilometres from Letterkenny on R251
- Guided Tours Available: Maximum number fifteen and duration is forty five minutes.
- Facilities: Exhibitions, toilets, and car / coach park. Videos ( in English ) relating to Derek Hill and the house are shown in the coffee shop.
- Restaurant: Restaurant / tearooms: Coffee shop ( summer months only ) Seating capacity is fifty
- Costs: Gallery free of charge. House tours: adult €3, group and senior citizen €2, child/student €1, family rate €8.
- Opening Times: Over Easter daily from 11:00 to 18:30. Then open again from the end of May to the end of September. Last admission one hour before closing. Average length of visit is ninety minutes
Glebe House and GalleryLetterkenny Donegal - Ireland West
Glebe House and Gallery near Letterkenny, County Donegal, is well worth a visit by anyone who loves art. Near Lake Gartan, the house itself was built in 1828 and is a Regency House set in woodland gardens. It is decorated with William Morris textiles, as well as Islamic and Japanese art. Access to the house is by guided tour only. Tours are limited to 15 people and last 45 minutes. The Derek Hill collection is also housed on site and features 300 works by leading 20th Century artists like Picasso, Kokoshka as well as Irish and Italian artists. A variety of exhibitions take place in the gallery adjoining the house. People with disabilities can access the ground floor of the gallery. When you’ve viewed the works of art, tearooms await to revive your energy.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)74 913 7071
Fax:+353 (0)74 913 7816
Address: Churchill, Letterkenny, Co Donegal, Republic of Ireland