Things to see or do
- Directions: Sat. Nav. Co-ordinates N 52:14:48. W 7:14:50. Kilmeadan Station is 10km from Waterford City. Take N25 towards Cork. At Carrick Road Roundabout take last exit on to R680. From Cork direction at Carrick Road Roundabout turn left on to R680. Kilmeadan Station is on the left.
- On site facilities:: Coach and Car Parking Facilities: Toilet and Baby Changing Facilities: Refreshments Carriage and Shop: Wheelchair Accessible:
- Suirway Bus Service:: Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays Depart 1st May – 31st August Waterford City 1.Opposite Tourist Office 13.00 2.Waterford Crystal 13.02 3.Opposite Waterford Crystal 14.45 4.Outside Tourist office 15.00 Depart fromKilmeadan Station: 15.30 and 17.15 April & September: Depart from Waterford City: Opposite Tourist Office: 13.00 Waterford Crystal: 13.02 Depart from Kilmeadan Station: 15.30 only Fares Adult €12.00 Child € 5.00 Senior €10.00 Buy your ticket from the bus driver. Exchange this ticket for your train ticket at the station. Advance booking advisable for groups only. Fare includes Bus transfer from Waterford City to Waterford & Suir Valley Railway, Kilmeadan Station, a scenic train journey along the banks of the River Suir, return bus transfer to Waterford City.
- Trains Depart on the Hour.: Tickets are not sold in advance. Summer Train Fares Adult : €8.50 Child : €4.00 Student & Golden Years : €7.00 Family Fares 2 Adults & 1 child - €19.00 2 Adults & 2 children - €21.00 2 Adults & 3 children - €23.00 2 Adults & 4 children - €25.00
- Opening Times:: April & September Summer Train Schedule Mon - Sat 11am to 3pm Sun 12 noon to 4pm May to August Summer Train Schedule Mon - Sat 11am to 4pm Sun - 12 noon to 5pm
- Admission Prices: Trains Depart on the Hour. Tickets are not sold in advance. Summer Train Fares Adult : €8.50 Child : €4.00 Student & Golden Years : €7.00 Family Fares 2 Adults & 1 child - €19.00 2 Adults & 2 children - €21.00 2 Adults & 3 children - €23.00 2 Adults & 4 children - €25.00
Summer Magic at Waterford & Suir Valley RailwayWaterford - Ireland South
Join in the magic show with Mondo the Magician. The trains depart the station on the hour 12noon, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, and 4pm and you can enjoy Mondo’s Magic Show in between trips. The show begins at 11.20am and lasts half an hour. It will continue throughout the day at 12.20pm, 1.20pm, 2.20pm and 3.20pm This is a fun show for all ages as Mondo will amuse and amaze you with his magic. There is no charge for the show, family tickets for the railway journey start at €19.00 for 2 adults and 1 child. Each extra child is €2.00. Bring your own picnic or eat from the BBQ at the station. Family meal deal 2 burgers and 4 sausages for €5.00 The magic of rails golden age has been brought to life in Kilmeadan, Co Waterford. A heritage narrow gauge railway follows 8.5 kilometers of the abandoned Waterford - Dungarvan route, from the station at Kilmeadan in to Gracedieu Junction. Experience the beauty of the Suir Valley from a period carriage as you take in the panoramic views of the river, rolling farmland and mountains. The track runs mostly along the picturesque banks of the River Suir offering a glimpse in to the world famous Mount Congreve Gardens. A large carpark provides ample parking for coachs and cars. All facilities are wheelchair accessible. On this web site you can watch a video of the train journey taken by our locomotive along the banks of the River Suir. Check out our website www.wsvrailway.ie or facebook www.facebook.com/wsvrailay.ie to find out who will be at the station on each date.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)51 38 4058
Address: Waterford and Suir Valley Railway, Kilmeadan Station, Kilmeaden, Co Waterford, Republic of Ireland