Things to see or do
- Directions: 4 miles / 7 km from Killarney Town Centre along the main Kenmare road ( N71 )
- Guided Tours Available: Yes. All visits to Muckross House are by guided tour only
- Language Guides Available: Yes, in English, Irish, French and German, subject to availability and rosters
- Disabled Access: Yes. Muckross House and the Walled Garden Centre are fully accessible for visitors with mobility challenges. There is a passenger elevator within Muckross House. Disabled toilets are available at Muckross House, in the Walled Garden Centre, in the public toilets and on the Traditional Farms.
- Audio Visual Presentation: Yes
- Retail Outlet: Yes, the Mucros Craft Centre, located in the Walled Garden Centre offers a selection of quality craft and souvenir items – including their own range of weaving, pottery and bookbinding products.
- Restaurant: The Garden Restaurant, located in the Walled Garden Centre, offers an extensive menu.
Muckross House, Gardens And Traditional FarmsKillarney Kerry - Ireland South
This magnificent Victorian mansion - one of Ireland’s leading stately homes - is situated amidst the spectacular scenery of Killarney National Park in County Kerry. The elegantly furnished rooms portray the lifestyles of the landed gentry, while downstairs in the basement you can experience the working conditions of the servants employed in the House back in the day. Muckross House is also home to a number of skilled craftworkers, who can be seen using skills in the crafts of weaving, pottery and bookbinding. Many exotic trees and shrubs flourish in the mild climate and sheltered location of the Muckross gardens. Attractive features include a fine collection of rhododendrons and azaleas, an outstanding rock garden on a natural rock outcrop and beautiful tree-fringed lawns. The Muckross traditional farms are an authentic outdoor interpretation of rural life in Kerry in the 1930s and 1940s, on a 70 acre elevated site. Traditional buildings and field systems are recreated and domestic farming and craft practices are carried out daily during the visitor season.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)64 667 0144
Fax:+353 (0)64 667 0116
Address: Muckross House, Killarney National Park, Killarney, Co Kerry, Republic of Ireland