Things to see or do
- Directions: From city centre: Westwards onto Washington Street, Western Road. Turn right at AIB, right at Bridge Flowers and left at Annie's Pub.
- Opening hours: Daily, 9.30 – 17.00, Mar – Oct, 10.00 – 16.00, Nov – Feb.
- Admission prices: Adult: €8, Student/Senior: €7, Child: €4.50. Family (2 Adults and up to 4 children): €24.
- Facilities: Audio-visual presentation. Teashop (Easter - October). Coach parking. Language guides available in Irish, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, Polish, Swedish, Hungarian and Russian.
- Disabled access: Yes.
- Method of payment: Cash or cheque.
- Method of Payment: Cash or cheque
- Admission Prices: Adult: €7 Student / Senior: €6 Child: €4 Family (2 adults and up to 4 children): €20.
Cork City Gaol & Radio Museum ExperienceCork City Cork - Ireland South
Two of Cork City's leading tourist attractions are housed in this unique building, located a stroll away from Cork city centre and the famous Shandon church bells. Step back in time to see what 19th and early 20th century life was like in Cork, both inside and outside prison walls. The exhibition shows amazingly lifelike figures, furnished cells and sound effects that allow the visitor to experience the day-to-day life of prisoners and gaolers. Situated in the former Governor’s House, the Radio Museum Experience incorporates the restored 6CK Radio Broadcasting Studio. The experience is complemented by an audio-visual presentation on Marconi, particularly his Irish connections, and a wonderfully nostalgic collection of artefacts from the early days of radio, including the RTE Collection.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)21 430 5022
Fax:+353 (0)21 430 7230
Address: Convent Avenue, Sunday's Well, Cork City, Republic of Ireland