Things to see or do
- Refreshments: The Boathouse Restaurant set alongside the ornamental lake, offers an ideal environment to sample a light fare of Irish - Italian cuisine. Opening hours are from twelve noon to 5.30pm on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays.
- *: The Motorhouse Café provides light refreshments.
- Opening Times: Open mid March to December (Thursday to Sunday and bank holidays) 10am - 6pm Farmleigh can be closed at very short notice for Government Business.
- Tours: Guided tours of the house can be arranged by appointment for Thursdays and Fridays. Special interest groups can arrange tours of the gardens, the silver exhibition and the art collection, or of the unique Guinness Library by appointment.
- Accessibility: The ground floor of the house is fully accessible by wheelchair users
Farmleigh HouseDublin City Dublin - Ireland East
Farmleigh is situated in the north-west corner of the Phoenix Park and is adjacent to the Chapelizod and Castleknock areas of Dublin. It covers an area of 79 acres and contains many beautiful features, including the main house, which is a fine example of Georgian - Victorian architecture, the sunken garden, the walled garden, the famous clock tower and the lake. Farmleigh provides premier accommodation and facilities to visiting dignitaries. It provides a suitable and secure venue for officially sponsored national and international meetings of importance. Public access to Farmleigh is facilitated to the greatest extent possible and, in this regard, public tours are available on Saturdays (pre-booking required) and a number of community and cultural events are held mainly during the summer months.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)1 815 5900
Address: Farmleigh, Castleknock, Dublin City Area North, Co Dublin, Dublin 15, Republic of Ireland