Things to see or do
- JARROW CAFE: Come and relax in the spacious oak timbered surroundings of the Jarrow Cafe run by Anna and Evan Stewart. The cafe provides a wide range of home made delights including cakes, breads, soup, hot meals and imaginative salads. There are also a wide range of teas and coffees, or why not enjoy a glass of wine!!
- CRANNMOR POTTERY: Hilary Jenkinson hand throws her Moss, Cornflower and Silk ranges. Three varied styles of tableware to suit any home. The important part of her work is that it is useful and becomes an enjoyable and familiar part of your every day life.
- Carl Parker Jewels: Kilkenny-based jewellery designer and maker. His distinctive geometric/three dimensional range is crafted in silver, gold, nylon and set with precious gem stones and pearls.
- Rosemarie Durr Pottery: Rosemarie Durr and her husband Andrew Ludick produce a range of hand thrown tableware glazed in distinctive shades of powder blue and jade. Visit their beautiful shop and view the unique range of interior and gift ware on offer.
- LUCY MCKENNA: Lucy McKenna works in acrylics and mixed media on canvas, with hand embroidery. Her work is landscape based, using high texture and vivid colours.
- ARTIST BY NIGHT JEWELLERY: Celebrate colour with the handcrafted jewellery of Tia and Dani Vellani, Artists by Night. These entertaining artists have chosen to spread their message of goodwill and love through their art, spelled out in materials that range from diamonds to stardust and cookie crumbs.
- ECLECTIC INTERIORS: Eclectic Interiors offers a mix of unique vintage and contemporary pieces; antique furniture is restored and hand finished / painted in the workshop and is displayed alongside complementary contemporary lighting, framed wall pieces, fabric, and wood block tables.
- WEDDING & PORTRAIT STUDIO: Claire and David are full time professional award winning photograghers. Specializing in ‘Lifestyle Photography’ using local outdoor locations. Both weddings and portraits are relaxed, informal and fun.
- DEREK BLANCHE GOLDSMITH: Derek Blanche is a Goldsmith that has trained in Germany and Ireland. He has over 10 years experience in making one-off commission pieces such as engagement rings and unusual individual items of jewellery.
- MAEVE COULTER TEXTILES & PRINT: Maeve Coulter produces a unique range of handmade fashion and interior accessories using both traditional and contemporary feltmaking methods.
- RACHEL BURKE – PAINTING: Rachel Burke is a Fine Art painter that works mainly with acrylic inks on canvas, using dip pens and brushes to build up a layered image of her local surroundings.
- POLLY MINETT PAPERWORKS: Polly Minett is an artist/papermaker producing screens and one off pieces of paper based art. Her works have been exhibited in the UK, Japan and Ireland.
- CASTLECOMER DISCOVERY PARK: Castlecomer Discovery Park is a multi-activity forest park. It occupies 80 acres of mixed woodland, and boasts 6kms of walking trails, two Angling Lakes and a children’s adventure playground. At the heart of the park is a magnificent Visitor Centre with its interactive multimedia exhibition ‘Footprints in Coal’ which explores the geology and history of the coal mines of Castlecomer.
Castlecomer Estate YardCastlecomer Kilkenny - Ireland South
Castlecomer Estate Yard was the farmyard, stables and kitchen gardens which provided the fresh produce for the Wandesforde family and many who lived and worked on the estate during the 1700's. Today the stables are home to a growing group of some of Irelands top crafts people and artists.The Estate Yard has a welcome for all visitors and allows them to veiw hand cratfted work of the highest quality and meet the makers in person. Home to 14 of Ireland Top Artists and Craft Desighners. Studios and shop , cafe open all year around. Opening hours Mon - Sat from 10.am to 5.30pm and Sunday 2.pm to 5.pm ,
ContactTelephone+353 (0)56 444 0636
Address: Castlecomer Estate Yard, Castlecomer, Co Kilkenny, Republic of Ireland