Things to see or do
- Directions: From Sneem: Take the Coast Road to Kenmare. Turn left at Tahilla Church. Turn right into Kerry Alternative Technology carpark.
- Guided Tours Available: Yes
- Facilities: Parking available. Coaches welcome.
- Method of Payment: Cash or cheque
- Opening Times: 10 am - 6 pm
- Opening Months: May - October
- Admission Prices: Adults, Students & Senior Citizens: €5 Children of 14 years and under: Free Group Rates available: Please ring for details
Kerry Alternative TechnologySneem Kerry - Ireland South
Kerry Alternative Technology is located on a 40 acre farm with 10 acres of meadows and 3 acres of vegetables. With 3 wind turbines, 3 water turbines, a solar panel array, batteries and inverters all electricity is made on site. Hydraulic ram's pump 6000 litres of water a day to provide irrigation for two vegetable gardens and two polytunnels all run on strictly organic lines. There's a 5 pond reed bed system that deals with the grey water waste. There are chickens and goats at the centre, who help make compost. Tours and courses are provided. Ring for details.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)64 664 5563
Fax:+353 (0)64 664 5563
Address: Sneem, Killarney, Co Kerry, Republic of Ireland