Things to see or do
- Directions: Located 7 km. west of Kilronan village.
- Opening times: Open all year. November to February: 10.00 – 16.00. March to 31 October: 10.00 – 18.00.
- Admission prices: Adult: €3, Student: €1, Family: €8, Groups: €2.00 per person.
- Facilities: Exhibition: toilets. Limited parking for bicycles only. Local coffee shops close to site.
- Disabled access: Yes, to visitor centre. Toilet for visitors with disabilities.
Dún AonghasaAran Islands Galway - Ireland West
Dún Aonghasa is the largest of the prehistoric stone forts of the Aran Islands, off the coast of County Galway. Perched spectacularly on a cliff overlooking the Atlantic ocean, the fort is about 900 metres from the visitor centre and offers views of up to 75 miles of Irish coastline. The Dún Aonghasa Interpretive Centre provides informative tours of the site. As much of the tour is outdoors, visitors are advised to wear weather protective clothing and shoes suitable for walking over uneven terrain.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)99 61 008
Fax:+353 (0)99 61 009
Address: Kilmurvey, Inishmore ( Inis Mór ), Aran Islands, Co Galway, Republic of Ireland