Things to see or do
- Directions from Town: 2 miles south of Lisburn off the A1 to Hillsborough, near Junction 7 on M1 Motorway
- SSS: 72
- Green fees: Weekdays: £35 or £13 with a member. Weekends/bank holidays £40 or £15 with a member. Booking is advisable.
- Best days to play: Monday, Thursday, Friday or Sunday. Visitors are not permitted to tee off before 5.30pm on Saturdays, and not permitted to commence play after 3.30pm Monday to Friday unless playing with a member.
- Golf Club: Type of course: Parkland Course professional: Yes
- Length in yards: 6,647
- Par of course: 72
- Course designer: Fred Hawtree
- Handicap/certificate requirements: None required
- Mobile narrative: Founded in 1905, Lisburn Golf Club is steeped in history. The Championship Course is testing ...
Lisburn Golf ClubLisburn Antrim - Northern Ireland
Founded in 1905, Lisburn Golf Club is steeped in history. The Championship Course is testing for every golfer and possesses a wealth of character over 18 uniquely differing holes. Mature coniferous and deciduous trees line most fairways and when the the copious supply of Rhododendron and hydrangea shrubs bloom in Spring, Lisburn is frequently referred to as the 'Augusta' of the North.
Lisburn Golf is ideally situated at the junction of the main M1 and A1 arterial routes making it easily accessable to all visitors from both North and South of Ireland and to those arriving by air and sea. The Club and course encapsulate all the vital ingredients for a memorable visit.
The Championship parkland course was designed by the renowned Fred Hawtree and it is a testament to his architectural skills that the layout of the course remains virtually unaltered since he first found the farm at Blaris and sketched it onto the back of an envelope! Hawtree achieved what most golfers would regard as an ideal layout with two loops of nine holes, each starting and finishing at the clubhouse and each composed of two par fives, two par threes, and two par fours. Every hole is unique in design and each provides a different challenge for golfers at all levels. The course measures over 6,600 yards with a par of 72 and nearly every fairway is lined with mature coniferous and deciduous trees.
The signature hole is the 158th yard 6th, where every player is sure to be struck by the natural beauty of the hole when standing on the slightly elevated tee. An accurate tee shot will negotiate inviting the water and sand hazards and land on the oasis two tier green, surrounded by mature deciduous larch.
In addition to a wonderful course, facilities at Lisburn include a Professional's shop where all golfing requisites can be purchased and trolleys or ride-on buggies may be hired. The Clubhouse itself provides and excellent restaurant service and of course 'The Nineteenth Hole' bar where golfers can avail themselves of refreshments.
ContactTelephone+44 (0)28 9267 7216
Fax:+44 (0)28 9260 3608
Address: Lisburn Golf Club, 68 Eglantine Road, Lisburn, Co Antrim, BT27 5RQ