Things to see or do
- Directions from Town: From Belfast: M1 south, exit at Sprucefield/Hillsborough. Proceed A1 carriageway. Top of hill turn right across carriageway (to follow brown heritage signs) before the Hillsborough roundabout. Continue down Harry’s Road to crossroads and go straight through. Continue on the Aghnatrisk Road to next crossroads and turn right onto Kesh Road. Racecourse is about 2 miles further down the road. From Dublin: N1 north to M1. A1 carriageway through Hillsborough Roundabout - take first left turn onto Harry's Road. Proceed as above.
- Opening times: Office opening hours Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm. Racecourse opening times vary depending on the race meeting - please check www.downroyal.com for full details.
- Prices: OAP concession, entrance £10. (Ulster Derby Day £12, and NI Festival of Racing Day £15) Children under 12 go free.
- Mobile narrative: The Down Royal Corporation of Horsebreeders was created in 1685 by Royal Charter from King James ...
- Business Tourism Conference Space Provider Narrative: Down Royal Racecourse is one of Ireland’s longest established racecourses; it has been bringing top quality racing to Northern Ireland since 1685. Following the launch of the new Hospitality Pavilion in June 2009, Down Royal now offers a range of versatile spaces for all types of events such as conferences, meetings and exhibitions. The Beef or Salmon suite overlooks the finishing straight at the racecourse and enjoys spectacular views of the surrounding countryside; these views can also be enjoyed from the spacious outdoor balcony. The room is self-contained with its own fully equipped kitchen, bar area etc. The Kauto Star suite is smaller than the Beef or Salmon suite and is ideal for smaller seminars or conferences. It is finished to a very high standard with a separate bar area. Travelling to Down Royal couldn’t be easier; the Racecourse is located just minutes from the M1 and A1 dual carriageway – main routes to Dublin and Belfast. We pride ourselves on providing a personalised service tailored to your needs and at competitive rates. If you would like to find out more, please contact our Events Coordinator.
Down Royal RacecourseLisburn Antrim - Northern Ireland
The Down Royal Corporation of Horsebreeders was created in 1685 by Royal Charter from King James II, the objective being the encouragement of horse breeding in the County of Down. Down Royal Racecourse has brought the “Sport of Kings “ to generations of people in Ulster since then, and is proud to boast some of the most modern facilities for any race-goer.
Since the early 1990’s the racecourse has undertaken major development and modernisation. Phase 1 in 1993 saw the completion of a new Grandstand which incorporated fourteen corporate boxes, VIP hospitality suite, public bar and an elevated viewing area overlooking the track and finish post. In 2008 further development will commence with an additional grandstand, 11 corporate boxes, hospitality suites and public bar.
Hosting 12 race meetings per year and home of the Specsavers Ulster Derby at the three day Summer Festival of Racing and the long established two day NI Festival of Racing in October/November, Down Royal Racecourse is a popular day out for men and women of all ages. You don’t have to be an avid race-goer, the hooves thundering are sure to get your heart racing and adrenaline pumping. Great craic, quality racing, superb horses. Corporately, there’s no better way to woo your clients, or simply appreciate your staff!
Facilities include: grandstand; Island Bar Fast Food Counters, Tote Hall, toilets, close circuit TV, member’s bar, freemans bar. The parade ring provides an excellent opportunity to view the horses. Tote betting and bookmakers betting.
ContactTelephone+44 (0)28 9262 1256
Fax:+44 (0)28 9262 1433
Address: Boxing Day Racing at Down Royal Racecourse, Down Royal Racecourse Maze, Lisburn, County Antrim, BT27 5RW