Things to see or do
- Directions: Bunratty is 10 kms from Shannon Airport just off the main dual carriageway (N18) between Limerick and Ennis – follow sign on N18.
- Parking Facilities: Ample free parking for coaches and cars.
- Banquet Times: Available year-round,at 17.30 and 20.45 hrs (subject to demand).
- Retail Outlet: Extensive souvenir and gift shop.
- Banquet Price: 2007: Adult: €55, Children 9-12years: €41.25, Children 6-9 years €27.50
- Other: Bunratty Medieval Banquet is held twice nightly year round and for over 40 years the Ladies of the Castle along with the Earl’s Butler have entertained guests. The first Shannon Region medieval banquet was held in the restored Bunratty Castle in the early 1960s in a pioneering move to develop additional passenger traffic through the nearby Shannon Airport. Since then, its fame has spread worldwide. Following the success of Bunratty – two other medieval Castles - Knappogue and Dunguaire opened their doors to the public. The Castle Entertainers have toured world wide, appeared on top television shows and entertained many well dignitaries and celebrities……
Bunratty Medieval Castle BanquetBunratty Clare - Ireland West
One experience not to be missed, while in the Shannon Region, is the unique Shannon Heritage Medieval Banquet entertainment at Bunratty, Knappogue and Dunguaire Castles. These castles were once the splendid homes of noble medieval lords, today they are the imposing venues for nights of revelry, fine food and wine. Each castle has a distinctive and riveting entertainment show. At Bunratty Castle join the Earl of Thomond for a glorious banquet at this majestic 15th century castle. The Earl’s Butler welcomes guests from the four corners of the world toasting an era of great Irish taste with excellent food, fine wine and honey mead You will be entertained by the world famous Bunratty Singers with enchanting melodies to harp and violin accompaniment. The Corn Barn at Bunratty Folk Park is the venue for 'the Traditional Irish Night'. These Traditional Irish evenings celebrate the best in Irish music, song and dance accompanied by traditional home cooked food with wines. A troupe of resident entertainers demonstrate the art of Irish dancing and give some visitors an opportunity to learn a few steps. The Traditional Irish night is a fun packed, lively experience that will have your hands clapping and your feet tapping, you may even learn a step or two! The banquet is available year round subject to demand - reservations necessary. Details of the Knappogue and Dunguaire Castle Banquets can be found on the Discover Ireland website.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)61 36 0788
Fax:+353 (0)61 36 1020
Address: Bunratty Castle, Bunratty, Co Clare, Republic of Ireland