Things to see or do
- Directions: Lough Key Forest & Activity Park is located off the N4, east of town of Boyle.
- Tree Canopy Trail:: The tree canopy trail will take you on an engaging journey through the history, flora and fauna of the park using the 19th Century underground tunnels, the refurbished 5 storey Moylurg viewing tower and a contemporary tree canopy walk, the first of its kind in Ireland. This 250 metre long creation of timber and steel gently rises 7 metres above the woodland floor. It offers an engaging bird's eye view of nature as it meanders through the treetops offering panoramic views of the shimmering island studded lake.
- Boda Borg Questing:: Another unique attraction at Lough Key is the innovative weather independent Boda Borg, a Swedish concept containing numerous challenges with fun filled activities, puzzles and enjoyable tasks, but no instructions. Once you enter the challenging two storey Boda Borg, only teamwork using countless different skills, ingenuity, trial and error, will allow you to survive the quests.
- Adventure Play Kingdom:: An outdoor adventure play kingdom has been designed to provide stimulating and entertaining activities for children of all ages in a colourful and safe environment.
- Lough Key Experience:: The Lough Key Experience will take you on an engaging journey through the history, flora and fauna of the park using the 19th Century underground tunnels, the refurbished 5 storey Moylurg viewing tower and a contemporary tree canopy walk, the first of its kind in Ireland. This 300 metre long creation of timber and steel gently rises 9 metres above the woodland floor. It offers an engaging bird's eye view of nature as it meanders through the treetops offering panoramic views of the shimmering island studded lake.
- Park and Estate:: Take time to explore the 350 hectare estate from its 19th Century parkland with majestic trees, follies, bridges and canals to the numerous walks and trails through the native woodlands, bog garden and Coillte forests.
- Directions:: Lough Key Forest and Activity Park is located just off the N4, east of the town of Boyle.
- Opening Times: 10.00-18.00 - Daily (March-June & September-October) 10.00-16.00 - Wednesday-Sunday - Nov.-Feb. incl. excluding 24th-26th & 31st December & 1st January.
- Admission Prices: Lough Key Experience - (LKE) Adult (17+): €7.50; Group (10+): €6; Senior/Student: €6; Group (10+): €4.50; Child/Youth (5-7): €5; Group (10+): €3.50; Children under 5 years: FREE Family (2 adults+2 children): €20; Additional family child: €3.50. Boda Borg (BB) Two-hour Pass: €10 per person. All-day Pass: €15 per person. Adventure Play Kingdom (APK): Child: €5; Group (10+): €3.50. Free admission to the Adventure Play Kingdom for supervising parents or guardians only. Combination Day Pass (LKE, BB) - Adult: €19.50; Group (10+): €17.50 per person; Seniors/Student (LKE, BB): €17.50; Group: €15.50 per person; Child/Youth (LKE, BB, APK): €15; Group: €13; Family Combo (2 adults + 2 children): €40; Additional family child: €8. Combination Day Passes allow 1.5 hours in Boda Borg.
Lough Key Forest and Activity ParkCarrick-on-Shannon Leitrim - Ireland West
Comprising some 350 hectares of mixed woodland, a lake and a number of islands, Lough Key in Boyle County Roscommon is one of Ireland's most extensive and picturesque forest parks in Ireland. Included in the park's amenities are a well landscaped caravan and camping park, nature walks, a bog garden, an observation tower, ice house, wishing chair and underground tunnels. The development also includes the tree canopy trail, Boda Borg Challenge and the adventure play kingdom. Details of each are outlined below. The Visitor Centre is the gateway to the parkland and forest at Lough Key. Environmental sustainability and energy efficiency are at the heart of its design and facilities at the centre include a restaurant, gift shop, conference facilities, toilets and baby changing facilities. The lake, Lough Key, one of the most beautiful lakes in Ireland, is navigable from the Shannon via the Boyle River and the jetty at Lough Key harbours pleasure cruisers from that great river. Boats are available for hire within the park. Guided tours are available for groups and school tours by arrangement.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)71 967 3122
Address: Lough Key Forest & Activity Park, Boyle, Co Roscommon, Republic of Ireland