Things to see or do
- Directions: Located in Carlow Town in the grounds of Carlow College,
- Dining at the Gallery: VISUAL Centre for Contemporary Art & The George Bernard Shaw Theatre would like to welcome your visit, where you can drop in, have coffee, lunch or dinner, browse our galleries or have a great night’s entertainment.
- Opening Time and Booking Details: Gallery & Theatre Box Office Opening Hours Tuesday – Saturday, 11.00am – 5.30pm daily & Sunday, 2.00pm – 5.00pm. On day of theatre events Box Office opens one hour before show start. Making a Booking By phone please call 059 9172400 In person please call during box office opening hours.
- Parking:: Car parking for patrons is available immediately inside the grounds at the Old Dublin Road entrance.
- Facilities:: Four principal gallery spaces showcasing the best in national and internationally sourced contemporary art.
VISUAL Centre for Contemporary Art at the George Bernard Shaw TheatreCarlow Carlow - Ireland South
The VISUAL Centre for Contemporary Art is found at the George Bernard Shaw Theatre in Carlow Town. It presents the work of a mixture of local, national and international artists. The four gallery spaces have been designed to the highest specifications allowing for flexible and innovative displays which give artists an opportunity to flex their creativity and expand the scale and materials they use to make their work. The main gallery is unrivaled in Ireland for its size, light, clarity and proportions and will offer both a challenge and opportunity to any artist who takes it on. The two others are white cube spaces. These Studio Digital Galleries allow for a variety of uses, including the display of audio-visual work and the presence of an artist in residence. VISUAL can also use other spaces including the Lobby Gallery and in-between spaces to present work on a variety of scales. Alongside this, there is the George Bernard Shaw Theatre, a 353 seater venue with state of the art facilities. The George Bernard Shaw Theatre receives national, international and regional touring productions as well as hosting locally produced work.
ContactTelephone:+353 (0)59 917 2400
Address: Old Dublin Road, Carlow Town, Co Carlow, Republic Of Ireland
Within 25kms of here