Things to see or do
- Prices: Adults £7.00 Children (5 to 18 years) £4.50 Concession £4.50 Family (2 adults and up to 3 children) £20.00 Family (1 adult and up to 3 children) £14.50 Children under 5 Free
- Directions from Town: Located five miles north of Omagh on the main A5 road between Omagh and Strabane. By bus: Goldliner Express Bus No. 273 from Belfast to Derry passes the main gates of the Folk Park. The Express stops on request outside the main gates. The nearest local bus station is in Omagh, which also has a local service passing the Folk Park. In addition taxis are usually available at Omagh Bus Station. More information on bus services is available from Translink.
- Mobile narrative: The Folk Park brings to life the human drama behind three centuries of Irish emigration.
- Location Description: Oct to Feb: Tues-Fri, 10am-4pm. Sat & Sun 11am-4pm. Mon closed except for bank holidays Mar to Sep: Tue-Sun, 10am-5pm Mon closed except for bank holidays
- Opening times: October to February: Tuesday to Friday 10.00 to 16.00. Saturday and Sunday 11.00 to 16.00. Monday closed (except for Bank holidays) March to September: Tuesday to Sunday 10.00 to 17.00. Monday closed (except for Bank holidays) *The Museum is open on Bank Holiday Mondays throughout the year
Ulster American Folk ParkOmagh Tyrone - Northern Ireland
Immerse yourself in the story of Irish emigration at the museum that brings it to life. Experience the adventure that takes you from the thatched cottages of Ulster, on board a full scale emigrant sailing ship, to the log cabins of the American Frontier. Meet an array of costumed characters on your way with traditional crafts to show, tales to tell and food to share.
A full programme of special events is organised throughout the year including the award-winning annual Appalachian and Bluegrass Music Festival (first weekend in September) and the ever-popular Halloween Festival.
ContactTelephone+44 (0)28 8224 3292
Address: Ulster American Folk Park, 2 Mellon Road Castletown, Omagh, Co Tyrone, BT78 5QU