Things to see or do
- Coverage: Mournes based with courses throughout the UK, Ireland and beyond.
- Nearest bus stop: Newcastle
- Nearest train station: Belfast
- Directions from Town: From Newcastle: Follow the signs out of town for Tollymore Forest Park. Drive past the Forest Park entrance up to a T-junction in Bryansford village. Turn left and proceed up through the village passing a garage on the right and a shop/P.O. on the left. Continue on this road for approx 1 mile passing Tollymore Mountain Centre on your left. 500 yards beyond the Mountain Centre there is a right turning signposted Kilcoo (Tullyree Road). From Belfast: From Belfast follow signs for Newcastle (A24). From Dublin: From Dublin follow N1 North to Dundalk and then the A1 to Newry. (Still the same road but changes its name from N1 to A1 after the border). Follow the motorway past the initial Newry signs until the Sheepbridge turn off (signposted Newry A28 and Downpatrick A25). Follow the road to a roundabout where you continue straight on (signposted Town Centre). Drive towards the town centre (approx 1 mile) until you come to two adjacent mini-roundabouts, at the second mini-roundabout turn left onto B8 following signs for Newcastle, on your right as you make this turn should be a restaurant called the Brass Monkey. Continue approx 10 miles to Hilltown passing through the smaller village of Mayobridge on the way. At bottom of the hill in Hilltown the main road sweeps left but you turn right onto B180 following signs for Bryansford. About one mile out of Hilltown just past a country pub and petrol station the road forks, take the left fork, which should be sign-posted for Bryansford and Newcastle (B180).
- Mobile narrative: Rock and Ride Outdoors is Ireland's leading outdoor company providing Mountain Biking, Rock ...
Rock and Ride OutdoorsDown - Northern Ireland
Rock and Ride Outdoors is Ireland's leading outdoor company providing Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing and Mountaineering courses, coaching and qualifications throughout Northern Ireland and beyond.
Comprised of three of Ireland's most qualified instructors who all live for the outdoors and the love of their chosen sports, Rock and Ride Outdoors offers the perfect solution for anyone from total beginners looking to start a new sport to aspiring instructors looking to make their living in the outdoor industry.
We will pass on our experience to you in a fun, safe learning environment and give you the help and advice you need to take your outdoor sport as far as you want to go...
For Mountain Bike guiding, skills training and qualifications contact;
For Rock Climbing and Mountaineering contact;
ContactTelephone+44 (0)28 4377 0900
Address: 9a Tullyree Rd Kilcoo, Co Down, BT34 5JP