Things to see or do
- Distance: 0.5 miles
- Start Point: C659386
- Finish Point: C659386
- Point of interest: Martello Tower - built to stop French Invasion
- Nearest town: Magilligan
- OS map: Sheet 4
- Terrain: Sandy beach backed by duneland
- Route: Access the beach via the steps near the Point Bar, follow the beach around the point. Please be careful when using the steps as they are suffering from coastal erosion and uneven in places. Alternative access to the beach is available via Martello Tower. Access to the military firing range is restricted. Retrace your steps along the beach or through the duneland to view the Martello Tower. Please contact Margaret Cowan at Roe Valley (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get details of any opening of the Martello Tower. It is currently opened only for special occasions.
- Facilities: Toilets available at the Ferry terminal. Refreshments at Point Bar next to beach.
- Accessible toilet facilities: Yes
- Accessible terrain: Short walk through the dunes.
- Accessible signage: None
- Mobile narrative: Beach at mouth of Lough Foyle
- Getting to the start by public transport: The beach is located at the end of Point Rd. Follow signs from the A2 for Lough Ferry. Use the car park opposite the Ferry Terminal or at Martello Tower. Access beach via steps adjacent to the Point Bar.
Magilligan PointLondonderry - Northern Ireland
Magilligan Point guards the mouth of Lough Foyle and is home to Lough Foyle Ferry and Martello Tower.
This short beach walk through a National Nature Reserve provides opportunities for visitors to explore the beach or spot birdlife and sealife.
Please note pedestrian access only to this beach.