Things to see or do
- Directions from Town: 1km from town centre, signposted.
- Golf Club: Links
- Best days to play: Phone in advance for Strand Course as booking is necessary. Any day suits for Riverside and Old Courses.
- SSS: Strand 72; Riverside 68; Old 64.
- Green fees: Strand: Mon-Fri £80; Weekends £95. Riverside: Mon-Fri £20; Weekends £25. Old: Mon-Fri £10; Weekends £15.
- Length in yards: Strand 6,779; Riverside 5,725; Old 4,733.
- Par of course: Strand 72; Riverside 68; Old 64.
- Course designer: Des Griffin.
- Handicap/certificate requirements: Required.
- Mobile narrative: Situated on Ulster's magnificent Causeway Coast Portstewart Golf Club presents a difficult but ...
Portstewart Golf ClubPortstewart Londonderry - Northern Ireland
Situated on Northern Ireland’s magnificent Causeway Coast, Portstewart Golf Club presents a difficult but fair game. The Strand Course is indisputably the jewel in Portstewart’s crown for both quality of game and scenery. The course is set in classic links
country amid towering sand dunes with views at every turn of the Donegal hills, the Atlantic and the River Bann. The opening hole with its elevated tee, dogleg right to the green and sandy strip on the right, was always a particularly memorable opening hole.
For something a little less challenging, the Riverside Course stretches from the clubhouse down to the River Bann. And if you like a little heritage in your game, the original Old Course situated at the eastern end of Portstewart along the rocky shore, has tested players since 1889. Without doubt championship pedigree, Portstewart has hosted the Irish Amateur Championship in 1960 and 1992 and held qualifying rounds of The Open in 1951 and the British Seniors in 2004.
ContactTelephone+44 (0)28 7083 2015
Fax:+44 (0)28 7083 4097
Address: Portstewart Golf Club, 117 Strand Road, Portstewart, Londonderry, BT55 7PG