Things to see or do
- SSS: 71
- Green fees: Green fees: Weekdays £20, weekends/public holidays £24.
- Directions from Town: 8 miles southeast of Newry.
- Best days to play: Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sundays.
- Length in yards: 6,173
- Par of course: 70
- Handicap/certificate requirements: Required.
- Golf Club: Parkland Course professional: Yes
- Course designer: Tom Craddock.
- Mobile narrative: This very attractive parkland course overlooking the dramatic scenery of Carlingford Lough has ...
Warrenpoint Golf ClubNewry Down - Northern Ireland
Warrenpoint is a very attractive parkland course overlooking Carlingford Lough. The course has accommodated several worthy professional events including the Irish Professional Championship and more recently a Ladies European Tour event. Warrenpoint has many excellent golf holes but special note must be made of the fine par 4 7th where accuracy off the tee is paramount to set up a difficult approach to a well-protected green. Also, the extremely tight 12th and 13th holes are two par 4's to test the most skilled of golfers. Warrenpoint's reputation as the finest "nursery" for young golfers in Ireland is highlighted by famed names such as Raymond Burns and Ronan Rafferty - surely a testimony to the quality of the course.
ContactTelephone+44 (0)28 4175 3695
Fax:+44 (0)28 4175 2918
Address: Lower Dromore Road Warrenpoint, Newry, Co Down, BT34 3LN