Things to see or do
- Nearest town: Enniskillen
- Distance: 73 miles
- OS map: 17
- Start Point: H240440
- Finish Point: H240440
- Terrain: Well maintained tarmac roads
- Point of interest: Lough Navar Forest, Marble Arch Caves Global Geopark, Florence Court
- Facilities: Cafés, public houses, restaurants, toilets, accommodation
- Accessibility information: Well maintained tarmac roads.
- Accessible toilet facilities: Yes
- Publication: The Kingfisher Trail
- Publication availability: Sustrans Shop
- Mobile narrative: A classic, uncompromising cycle through the magnificent West Fermanagh countryside.
West Fermanagh LoopFermanagh - Northern Ireland
Leave from Enniskillen and follow route 3 onto the Derrygonnelly Road following the route carefully as it twists and turns onto Greystone Road through the townland of Rigg. Upon approaching the next junction, you can loop through Boho, past the High Cross and around Ross Lough National Nature Reserve (NNR). Alternatively cross the Monea Road and begin the steady, steep climb to the road running high above the B81 and Lower Lough Erne. Pull in at Derrygonnelly for a quick map check, clip back in and pull yourself over to Correl Glen NNR. At this point detour into Lough Navar Forest for alpine-like climbs to the viewpoint on the Cliffs of Magho. It is steep but worth every pedal stroke. Upon exiting the forest drop down into Garrison where there are spectacular views of Lough Melvin stretching off in the distance below.
Pick up the Kingfisher Trail, Route 91, on the return leg for a flat, fast sprint into Kiltyclogher. Beyond Kiltyclogher the route begins by climbing gradually above Lough Melvin and drops down into the border town of Belcoo. From here it's a very steep climb to the magnificent Marble Arch Caves Global Geopark – if you're making good time then it's well worth the 75 minute tour. Upon passing the caves drop down through the village of Florencecourt but be careful of the rough tracks through the National Trust's property. Directional signage through here still to be completed. Finally, follow the National Route 91 along the quiet back roads back into Enniskillen Town Centre.
Public roads: On Public Road
Getting to the start: To get to Enniskillen from Belfast take the M1 and continue to follow the A4 West bound passing through Fivemiletown.
Traffic: Quiet country roads, busy through Enniskillen