Things to see or do
- Nearest town: Mullaghbane
- Distance: 8 miles
- OS map: Sheets 28 and 29
- Start Point: H996190
- Finish Point: H996190
- Terrain: Public Roads
- Point of interest: Ballykeel Dolmen and the South Armagh Poets
- Facilities: Car parking and toilets in Ti Chulainn Cultural Centre, Mullaghbane. Refreshments and shops in Mullaghbane Village.
- Accessibility information: Route is on well surfaced public roads. For more information on disabled access and facilities please contact Newry Tourist Information Centre on 028 3026 8877
- Publication: 'The Poets Trail' routecards
- Publication availability: Contact RoSA 028 3086 8183
- Mobile narrative: Turn right when leaving the Ti Chulainn Centre on to Bog Road and continue to the end.
Poets Trail : Ballykeel LoopArmagh - Northern Ireland
Turn right when leaving the Ti Chulainn Centre on to Bog Road and continue to the end. Turn left and left again on to Mill Road pas the birth place of the Poet Art Bennett and the last working flax mill in the area. At the end of Mill Road go straight across the B30 onto Mullaghan's Road. Continue turning left to Cowans Road.
Follow the road to the junction with the B30 at Mullach Ban Folk Museum. Cross the B30 to the end of the Old Road turning left along Tullymacrieve Road. Continue until Ballinaseck bridge. Turn right onto Ballinaseck Road. Continue left to Cashel Road and left again onto Cnoc an Damhsa Road. Continue to the junction with Cranny Road. Turn left at the junction with Gelendesha Road.
Continue along to the junction with Upper Road. Turn left and left again onto Forkhill Road. Walk into Mullaghbane Village and turn right onto Maphoner Road and the Ti Chulainn Centre.
Public roads: On Public Road
Getting to the start: From Newry take B113 to B30 and the minor roads to Ti Chulainn Cultural Centre, Mullaghbane
Traffic: Relatively quiet public roads