Things to see or do
- Nearest town: Ballyronan Village
- Distance: 18
- OS map: 14
- Start Point: H945861
- Finish Point: H958762
- Terrain: Country roads, gravel path at Cot Lane.
- Point of interest: Ballyronan Marina, Caravan Park & Woods. Kinturk Cultural Centre, Coyles Cottage, Battery Harbour, Ardboe Cross.
- Facilities: Ample car parking, refreshments and toilet facilities at Ballyronan Marina. There is no specified disabled car parking spaces.
- Accessibility information: Access through the security barrier directly to the front of the Marina can be access contacting the Marina staff on 028 7941 8399 or calling into the upstairs office.
- Accessible toilet facilities: Yes
- Publication: National Cycle Newtork (NCN) Route 94 The Loughshore Trail. Free brochure available to download from www.loughshoretrail.com
- Publication availability: From www.loughshoretrail.com or www.discoverloughneagh.com or by calling into any tourist information centre surrounding the Lough.
- Mobile narrative: A linear cycle route which touches the shoreline at the Ballyronan Marina and Ardboe Cross
Ballyronan to Ardboe CrossLondonderry - Northern Ireland
From Ballyronan Marina head out onto the main road look out for the blue cycle way signs. At the T-Junction take a left and then the next road to the right. Cycle for about 2 miles and another blue cycle way is signed to the left. Travel on to the next T-Junction at Ballinderry and turn right following the blue cycle way signs. Continue for half a mile, the route then turns off road down Cot Lane to the left. At the end of this lane turn right and then left. This road will take you past Currn Quay, Kinturk Cultural Centre, and Coyles Cottage. At Coyles Cottage take the road to the left and continue to the end of this road where you will then turn right and then left. Continue on this road until the end of the route at Ardboe Cross.
Public roads: On Public Road
Getting to the start: Route NCN 94 Loughshore Trail. The start of the route if at the shoreline at Ballyronan Marina Centre. This village is signposted from the main town of Magherafelt (4 miles). Ballyronan is easily accessible from the M2 signposted from Toome. Ample car parking is available at the Marina Centre.
Traffic: Main country road, cyclists will encounter traffic from Ballyronan to Cot Lane where the route goes off road for a short distance. At the end of Cot Lane cyclists will encounter a limited amount of traffic to the end of the route at Ardboe Cross.