Things to see or do
- Distance: 2 miles
- Start Point: C852304
- Finish Point: C852304
- Point of interest: Herons, squirrels, other wildlife
- Nearest town: Coleraine
- OS map: Sheet 4
- Terrain: Gravel paths, easy walking
- Route: From the car park there are two waymarked paths that lead through a wide variety of broadleaved and conifer trees. These paths can be used for jogging. There is also a fitness cluster of exercise apparatus situated next to the car park. Guidance on how to use it safely and effectively is given on an illustrated lectern.
- Facilities: Refreshments and toilets available in Coleraine.
- Accessible terrain: Off road unsurfaced paths
- Mobile narrative: Choice of walks within Somerset Forest on the edge of Coleraine
- Getting to the start by public transport: Somerset Forest is located one mile south of Coleraine on the A54 Kilrea Road.
Somerset ForestLondonderry - Northern Ireland
Somerset Forest is located on the south western boundary of Coleraine. Within the forest there is a range of walks of varying lengths and degrees of difficulty. There is a short circular route to "Millennium Miles" standard, suitable for less able users. The paths are also suitable for jogging in conjunction with exercise apparatus situated in a fitness cluster close to the car park