Things to see or do
- Distance: 1.2 miles
- Start Point: D217056
- Finish Point: D217056
- Point of interest: Look out for Wheater, Irish hare, Buzzard & Ravens
- Nearest town: Nearest village Buckna
- OS map: Sheet 9
- Terrain: Steep rocky track
- Route: The walk starts from the car park up a steep rocky track to the summit some 1437 feet above sea level. The track down is much gentler and leads back to the car park.
- Facilities: Car parking, picnic tables, toilets and information centre.
- Accessible toilet facilities: Yes
- Accessible terrain: Steep rocky track off road
- Accessible signage: no
- Publication: Ballymena Walks
- Publication availability: TIC Free
- Mobile narrative: Steep rocky track
- Getting to the start by public transport: Follow the brown signs from Ballymena
SlemishAntrim - Northern Ireland
Aside from its natural beauty, Slemish's value as a heritage site is entirely bound up with its association with St.Patrick. In local tradition, the mountain was the site of the saint's slavery, where he spent 6 years herding livestock for Mulchi, the local chieftain. Dogs on lead.