Things to see or do
- Directions: In Emmet Square, (at the tall column with no statue), turn down Main Street to Market Square. Turn left at the monument. Past the Georgian house with the prayer flags, Tin Jug Studio is on the right. Enter the little door in the tall green gates.
- Routes: Routes from the North, South, East and West go through Birr. * By Car: M7/N7 (From Dublin) to Roscrea take the N62, only about 12km to Birr. Or take the N4 to Tullamore. Birr is on the N52, approximately 25km away. * Trains to Tullamore, (Dublin/Galway line) or to Roscrea, (Dublin/Limerick line) Taxis available. * Busses to Birr: Kearns Coaches (www.kearnstransport.com) or Bus Eireann (www.buseireann.ie) from Dublin, Galway, via Tullamore, Athlone, etc.
- Opening Times: The gallery is open for seasonal art exhibitions (dates and times as publicized on website and media), or artwork can be viewed by appointment at most times through the year. The studio is open for art classes from October to April. Creative workshops are held during festival times in August and October, and on some Saturdays at various times through the year (please check events calendar on website).
- Workshops: All class dates and workshops dates are posted on Events Page of Website a few weeks in advance. Various workshops for children and other event during Birr Vintage Week and Arts Festival, are in mid-August and others during Hullabaloo Children's Arts Festival are held in October. Contact directly for details
- Please Note: * Enquiries for customized art tuition (1-3 people) are welcomed! * Tin Jug Studio encourages tourism to the monastic and fascinating Midlands, and for weekend visitors to experience the lovely Birr, throught the arts, heritage and outdoor persuits. (Visitors can have half or a whole day's art tuition in the studio and on a second day, have a guided walk; a castle tour; holistic treatment or visit ancient monasteries. * Tin Jug Studio can also arrange art tuition on location in Birr Castle Demesne or in the Slieve Blooms.) * The studio/gallery is also available to artists to rent for solo exhibitions and short work periods.
Tin Jug StudioBirr Offaly West - Ireland West
This delightful little studio within a courtyard garden, is on Brendan St. Birr. The downstairs gallery and upstairs studio spaces are adaptable for art exhibitions (paintings, photography, sculptures etc.) as well as film screenings, residencies, art tutorials and group meetings. Run by Rosalind Fanning, Tin Jug Studio and has regular art classes for children and adults, 'Chocolate Saturdays' and other creative workshops. Open during Birr Vintage Week and Arts Festival and Hullabaloo Children's Arts Festival it is open at other times by appointment, to view artworks and artists portfolios.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)57 912 1818
Address: Birr, Co Offaly, Republic of Ireland