Things to see or do
- Directions: Carrigholt Village, 10 kilometress (6 miles) south of Kilkee, on the Loop Head Peninsula. R487 then R488
- Languages spoken: Basic knowledge of French and German
- Disabled access: By prior arrangement. Getting on and off the boat can be problematic due to tidal changes.
- Bar and Catering Facilities: Licensed bar and snack on board the boat.
- Local Facilites: Carrigaholt has 5 pubs and 2 seafood resturants. There is a picnic area and safe sandy beach.
- Opening Times: April - October. Please phone for daily schedule. Sailing times may vary and booking is advisable.
- Admission Prices: Adults €24, toddler €6, children 4 -15 €12
Dolphinwatch CarrigaholtCarrigaholt Clare - Ireland West
A two hour boat trip at the mouth of the River Shannon for an encounter with Ireland's resident bottlenose dolphins. Stunning cliffs and coastal scenery, nesting seabird colonies, seals and more make our trip a unique, fun and educational experience, expertly guided. Dolphinwatch Carrigaholt is rated in the top 10 Irish wildlife attractions by the B.B.C Wildlife Magazine. We are located on the award winning Loop Head Peninsula, a fantastic area for nature lovers, off the well worn tourist paths. Our boat, The Draíocht, which means magic, is spacious, comfortable, safe and specially designed for up close viewing. Her classic design will enhance your experience. Advanced booking is advisable.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)65 905 8156
Address: Carrigaholt, Co Clare, Republic Of Ireland