Things to see or do
- Directions: Located 9km from Sligo off the N4 ( Sligo - Dublin ) and 4km from Sligo Town Centre off the R292
- Guided Tours Available: On request: Max 40 people - 45 mins - 1 hour
- Admission prices: Adult: €3, Senior/Group: €2, Child/Student: €1, Family: €8.
- Opening Times: 21st April to 12th October: 10.00 – 18.00. (Last admission at 17.00). Average length of visit: 1.5 hour
- Facilities: Exhibition, toilets, carpark - all accessible to people with disabilities.
Carrowmore Megalithic CemeteryCarrowmore Sligo - Ireland West
Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery in County Sligo is the largest, and one of the most important, megalithic sites in Europe. Over 60 tombs have been located by archaeologists. The oldest pre-dates Newgrange by 700 years and is older than the pyramids. Tombs are accessible and a restored cottage houses a small exhibition relating to the site. Visitors are advised to wear shoes suitable for walking on uneven terrain. Admission to OPW sites is free on the first Wednesday of every month until the end of 2011.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)71 916 1534
Fax:+353 (0)71 915 4743
Address: Carrowmore, Co Sligo, Republic of Ireland