Things to see or do
- Directions: Situated 1.5km outside Castlepollard on the Granard road (signposted), 20km from Mullingar 80km from Dublin via N4 or N3
- Disabled Access: Partial Access
- Guided Tours: Castle guided tours available. N.B. Arranged via email in advance only for groups of 15+
- Facilities: Parking - Toilets - Tea-Room
- Tea-Room & Gardens: Tea-Room and Gardens open May to September and Bank Holidays from 1pm - 6pm.
- Craft Shop: Open in May/June weekends only & July/August daily from 12pm - 6pm
Tullynally Castle GardensCastlepollard Westmeath - Ireland East
Tullynally has been owned by the Pakenhams, later Earls of Longford, since the 17th century. The original house was remodelled by the 2nd Earl as a huge rambling gothic revival castle in the early 1800’s. Terraced lawns around the castle overlook superb 18th century parkland. The adjoining woodland gardens and walled gardens date largely from the same period and encompass a grotto of eroded limestone from nearby Lough Derravaragh and two ornamental lakes. The present owners have added Chinese gardens, and a local sculptor has made fantastic woodcarvings. The walled gardens have extensive flower borders and a avenue of giant 200 year old Irish yews. A woodland walk leads to the lower lake past plantings of giant lilies, camellias and rhododendrons.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)44 966 1159
Fax:+353 (0)44 966 1856
Address: Castlepollard, Co Westmeath, Republic of Ireland