Things to see or do
- Route Detail: Ringsend, Lucan, Sallins, Robertstown, Edenderry, Daingean, Tullamore, Gallen
- Total Distance: 114 km / 71 miles
- Longest Stage: Tullamore to Febane - 25.5km / 16 miles
- Highest Point: Lowtown - 85m / 280ft.
- Maps And Guidebooks: Guide to the Grand Canal by Office of Public Works
The Grand Canal WayDublin City Dublin - Ireland East
Being a canal bank walk, the important feature of this route is that it is flat! Ideal for the beginner to way marked walking, the route passes through a range of small towns and villages, all of them ideal for drop off and pick-up points. Its length alsooffers a challenge to the more established walker.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)1 647 6000
Address: Duchas The Heritage Service, 17/19 Lower Hatch Street, Dublin City Centre, Co Dublin, 2, Republic Of Ireland