Things to see or do
- Directions: From Carrickmacross take the R178 at O'Hanlon's on the main street. At the end of the one way street follow the road to Dundalk for 5km, then follow the Inniskeen signposts
- Guided Tours Available: Yes
- Audia Visual Presentations: Yes
- Language Guides Available: Yes
- Parking: Yes
- Internet Access/WiFi: Yes
- Coffee Shop/Restaurant: Yes
- Disable Access: Yes
- Method of Payment Accepted: Visa / Cash / Cheque
- Admission Prices: Adult: €5 Children free Students / senior citizens: €3 Group rates available.
Patrick Kavanagh Rural And Literary Resource CentreInniskeen Monaghan - Ireland East
Patrick Kavanagh Rural And Literary Resource Centre is home to a permanent exhibition dedicated to the life and work of Patrick Kavanagh. The Inniskeen, County Monaghan site also features a 60-seat audio-visual theatre and a research library. Additionally, visitors to the centre can view 12 specially commissioned paintings illustrating Kavanagh's epic poem “The Great Hunger”, a miniature model depicting Kavanagh's classic, “A Christmas Childhood”, Kavanagh's death mask and other memorabilia associated with the poet. The special feature of the Patrick Kavanagh Centre is the unique performance tour of Kavanagh Country, which takes in many local sites immortalised by Innishkeen's most famous son, with anecdotes, historical facts, wild rumours and even the odd poem along the way. The tour rounds off back at the centre with half-hour one-man show by Inniskeen actor, Gene Carroll. Advance booking is advised.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)42 937 8560
Fax:+353 (0)42 937 8560
Address: Inniskeen, Co Monaghan, Republic Of Ireland