Things to see or do
- Directions: Located 30 minutes south of Dublin Airport via N4 to Maynooth or N7 to Naas. The K Club is only 30/40 minutes from Dublin city centre.
- Learn to Golf: Golf lessons with K Club head professional Lynn McCool and assistant professional Michael Dixon for €90 for 50 minutes. Can include video analysis
- American Express card accepted: approved to Fáilte Ireland standards, which means the services and facilities have been independently checked out before you tee-off.
- Course Designer: 6,344 yards
- Green Fees: Arnold Palmer
- Opening Times: Contact directly for green fees.
- Caddy Hire: 7am to sunset, 7 days
- Pro Shop: Michael Dixon
- Dress Code: Inland links
- Nearest Port: Dublin
- Nearest Town: Dun Laoghaire
- Par: Clane
The Palmer Smurfit CourseStraffan Kildare - Ireland East
Quality approved golf course
approved to Fáilte Ireland standards, which means the services and facilities have been independently checked out before you tee-off. The Palmer Smurfit Course at the K Club has already been talked about as the greatest inland golf course developed in Ireland. Home to The Smurfit European Open, The Palmer Smurfit Course boasts a unique ‘inland links’ design with fairways ebbing and flowing like the babbling River Liffey. The Palmer Smurfit Course is a surprising links style course which forces players to think on their feet. With dramatic landscapes, dune type mounding throughout and meticulously contoured putting surfaces, The Palmer Smurfit Course is one of the greatest developed inland golf courses in Ireland. This assists in making the course into a true championship golf course, with many vantage points for spectators to view the golf professional at work. In essence, The Palmer Smurfit Course is entirely different from The Palmer Ryder Cup Course located just across the River Liffey. Golfers state that it is almost impossible to make a comparison, such is the difference in experience. With a combination of doglegs skirting the water’s edge on the 5th and 6th hole, leading up to the almighty 7th ‘Swallow Quarry’ hole, The Palmer Smurfit Course is guaranteed to entice and challenge even the most avid of golfers whilst leaving a lasting impression with golfers worldwide.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)16 01 7200
Fax:+353 (0)16 01 7298
Address: The K Club, Straffan, Co Kildare, Republic of Ireland