Things to see or do
- Cost: Starting from €625.
- Wild Connemara Tour:: This is our most popular tour for families and individuals alike, tailor made with additional activities to suit your needs.
- Celtic Journey and Aran Islands Tour:: Experience the Irish welcome, the "Céad Míle Fáilte (a hundred thousand welcomes)and small village life as we travel the winding roads of the west and the spectacular landscape of the Aran Islands. A 7 day tour.
- West Coast Extravaganza Tour: Nothing could adequately describe the resplendent rock garden that is the Burren, with its abundance of exotic flora, bird and wildlife. The surrounding edge of the Burren is a different landscape. Galway Bay with its enigmatic rockscapes and rough hewn cliffs plunging into the ocean, frequently giving way to uncrowded beaches, sand dunes and quiet coves. The Cliffs of Moher stand guard, towering 700 feet above sea level while inland, ice age mountains melt into green valleys, woodlands and underground lakes.
- Beara Peninsula Classic Self-Led 7 Day Tour: The Beara Peninsula is located in the south west coast of Ireland. All along the coast are small unspoilt villages and very pretty shorelines. Its a breathtaking area with the Caha Mountains crowned by the Tim Healy Pass. Castletownbere is the largest of the peninsula's fishing villages. At the head of the peninsula is the village of Glengarriff, from where trips can be taken to Garnish Island, famous for its Italian gardens.
- West Coast Self-Led Tour:: Our West Coast Extravaganza offers you a biking trip through the spectacular vistas of Galway Bay, the Burren, the Aran Islands and Connemara. This extraordinary Irish biking adventure has been designed with escape, elegance and an overall terrific experience in mind. We offer you the opportunity to explore and contemplate life to its fullest, away from all the hustle of everyday life.
- Family Adventure Classic Adventure:: We have taken our most popular biking routes and customised them to suit children of all ages. Adding activities tailored to young adventurers and fun for all of the family, we have a wonderful family formula. Our family adventures provide family friendly accommodation and restaurants. Our leaders have many years experience running our family tours. We provide equipment for children, from baby burleys to tandem attachments. Relax, enjoy the ride and share a memorable family adventure with your family.
- .: .
- Opening Months: April to September.
CycleWest IrelandClifden Galway - Ireland West
CycleWest Ireland are pleased announce that as of April 2012 they are an accredited Gold Award Level Eco-Certified Tour Operator. This award is an International GSTC standard award. Immerse yourself in the magnificent landscape of Connemara, the limestone hills and stunning plateaus of the Burren Region, the remote villages and off-shore islands of Galway Bay and the historical Aran Islands. New for 2012 are a range of self-led trips in Cork, Kerry, Antrim, Scotland and the UK - an adventure for everyone! CycleWest Ireland offers a unique range of fully supported, guided tours, self-led and multi-activity packages. Tours can be tailor made to suit your needs. Bespoke tours and family adventures are their speciality. Activities such as kayaking, horseback riding, hillwalking and fly fishing can be included as optional extras. Multi-sport options are available. Experience the best of Irish hospitality, culture, heritage and great local cuisine. See website for details of all tours, some examples are as follows: Ireland West Coast Extravaganza, 6 to 9 days. Ireland Celtic Journey Family Tour, 7 day tour. Ireland Wild Connemara Adventure, 5 to 7 days. All tours must be booked at least 30 days in advance. Environmentally friendly and green holidays.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)91 87 7323
Address: Connemara, Co Galway, Republic of Ireland