Things to see or do
- Directions: From Dublin, take the main N4 motorway westbound. From the motorway, take the "Leixlip West" exit (Junction 6) and follow the signs to Carton House Hotel. Carton House Hotel is approximately a five minute drive from the N4 motorway exit.
- Catering Facilities: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Facilities: Spa, gym, swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi
- American Express card accepted: approved to Fáilte Ireland standards, which means the services and facilities have been independently checked out before you tee-off.
- Course Designer: 7,301yd
- Green Fees: Colin Montgomerie and European Golf Design
- Opening Times: From €60 winter months; from €70 summer.
- Caddy Hire: 7.30am-8pm, 7 days
- Pro Shop: Francis Howley
- Membership Only: Links
- Restaurant: No
- Nearest Port: Dublin
- Nearest Town: Dublin
- Par: Maynooth
The Montgomerie Course at Carton HouseMaynooth Kildare - Ireland East
World class golf - first class location... Carton House is one of the best golf hotels in Ireland; dating back to the 17th century, Carton House was formerly the ancestral home of the Fitzgerald’s, Earls of Kildare. Located just 14 miles west of Dublin City Centre and 30 minutes from Dublin Airport, Carton is home to a stylish hotel, a luxurious spa and leisure suite and two of Ireland's finest championship golf courses - the more senior O’Meara, which opened for play in 2002 and the Montgomerie, which opened the following year. Both are contrasting in style: The O’Meara is park-like and the Montgomerie is links-like which stretches out to a massive 7,300 yards from the championship tees. Carton House is getting ready once more to open its doors to the Irish Open from Thursday, 27th to Sunday, 30th June 2013. Host venue to The Irish Open in 2005 and again in 2006, Carton House was awarded winner of Golf Resort of the Year Europe 2008 and Best New Golf Course Design 2004 by Golf World magazine. Carton House is looking forward to welcoming some of the greatest golfers in the world this summer for what promises to be one of the most exhilarating sporting events in Ireland in 2013. Darren Clarke and Graeme McDowell have confirmed that they will both compete in the Irish Open, completing Ireland’s line-up of Major Champions. The pair will join Golf Ireland’s Ambassador, Padraig Harrington and World Number One Rory McIlroy in the field, along with Carton House Touring Professional Shane Lowry, as they attempt to become the first home winner of the event since Lowry’s sensational victory as an amateur at County Louth Golf Club in 2009. The Montgomerie Course, designed by 7 times European Order of merit Winner Colin Montgomerie, is inspired by the greatest links lands of the world and pays tribute to the traditions of the game and sets a challenge like no other. It is a journey across sweeping fairways, head-high pot bunkers and impeccable greens.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)15 05 2000
Fax:+353 (0)16 28 6555
Address: Maynooth, Co Kildare, Republic of Ireland