Things to see or do
- Directions: Kilrush is 43kms from Ennis on the N68 & just 8kms from the Shannon Car Ferry at Killimer on the N67.
- Disabled Access: Can carry up to 2 wheelchairs on any sailing.
- Sailing Times: Daily from April - October, subject to demand and weather conditions. Sailings last 2hrs approx, please phone for times and bookings.
- Retail Outlet: Limited shop at our booking office in the Kilrush marina building.
- Parking: Extensive parking for both coaches and cars at Kilrush marina.
Dolphin Discovery KilrushKilrush Clare - Ireland West
The Shannon Estuary is Ireland's first marine Special Area of Conservation (SAC) and home to the country's only known resident group of bottlenose dolphins. Dolphin Discovery offer daily dolphin watch tours from Kilrush Creek marina in County Clare, on board their sightseeing ferry 'Dolphin Discovery' to observe these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat. Over 100 dolphins have been identified using the estuary at different times and calves are born each year between May and August. Sailing operates April to October (subject to demand and weather) and lasts 2-2.5 hours. Three-four sailings are offered daily during peak season. Prior booking is advisable. They also operate the ferry service to Scattery Island, a 6th century monastic settlement, just 2 miles from Kilrush.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)65 905 1327
Fax:+353 (0)65 905 1327
Address: Kilrush, Kilrush, Co Clare, Republic of Ireland