Things to see or do
- Location Description: North Down - Bangor, Holywood, Groomsport
- Mobile narrative: Walking can be the very best to explore the coastline, countryside, towns and villages, giving ...
Walking Time in North DownBangor Down - Northern Ireland
Walking can be the very best way to explore the coastline, countryside, towns and villages, giving you access to stunning views, quiet lanes and wildlife.
The North Down coastal path with its 16 miles of unspoilt coastline runs from its eastern boundary at Holywood, through Bangor to Portavoe, just south of Groomsport offering short gentle rambles to long distance treks.
The Crawfordsburn area contains lots of great walks including the Meadow Walk that takes in wildflower meadows, the Glen Walk, the Capper Trail that includes the historical Helens Tower and The Bayburn Trail which is a historical trail beginning in Crawfordsburn village.
There’s also Cairn Wood/Ballysallagh and Redburn Country Park in the area that also offer a great choice of walks.
A programme of guided walking tours take place throughout the year, we also have a series of self-guided walks available. Information on both is available from the Bangor Tourist Information
Centre (028 9127 0069) or by visiting www.northdowntourism.com
• Self Guided Walks available:
• Holywood Town Walk and Cultural Trail
• Bangor Town Walk and Cultural Trail
• Christian Heritage in North Down and Ards
• A Guide to the North Down Coastal Path
• The Bayburn Trail
ContactTelephone:+44 (0)28 9127 0069
Address: Tower House Quay Street, Bangor, Down, BT20 5EE