Irish Open 2012
This Summer, the Irish Open returns to Northern Ireland for the first time since 1953, at the Royal Portrush golf course in Country Antrim. From 28th June to 1st July, some of the world’s top players will walk in the footsteps of Harry Bradshaw, from Dublin, who won the title in 1947.
Expect to see Ireland’s latest golfing champions, Rory McIlroy (US Champion, 2011), Darren Clarke (Open Champion, 2011) and Graeme McDowell (US Open Champion, 2010), who have all spent time at Portrush honing their skills, plus a host of Europe’s top golfing stars.
Nearly 60 years since the Irish Open was last held at Royal Portrush, it’s a welcome return to one of the finest links golf courses, not just in Northern Ireland but the world. Comprising the Dunlunce Links and the Valley Links it offers some of the most challenging golf imaginable, set against truly breathtaking scenery.
For serious golfers with a qualified handicap, it’s a chance to test their skills in a tournament where dreams have come true, and legends made. But you don’t need to take part to be there. Join thousands of golf fanatics for an unforgettable experience on and off the course. With a wide range of easy travel options to Northern Ireland from mainland Great Britain, and accommodation to suit all budgets, there’s something for everyone.
So what are you waiting for? Join Rory McIlory and the boys this summer for one of the most eagerly anticipated dates in the golfing calendar.
Great Irish Golfing Deals
- Madison’s Hotel Irish Open 2012 £150 per room per night
- 1 Night Golfing Break £105pps
- Follow in the footsteps of our golfing champions for £199 £199
- 2 Night Golfing Getaway £195
- Golf at Sheephaven Bay Donegal €190
- Irish Open (Causeway Coast and Glens) Golfing Gems £199pp
- 2 Night Golf Break with evening meal £105pps
- Play Golf And Be Pampered £125 pps
- The Roe Park Experience £115
- Royal Portrush Golf Pass Package £399 pps
- Irish Open 2012 Hastings Stormont Hotel From £190 per superior room per night
- The Royal Tees £999pps
- 2 nights Lough Erne Resort £239 (April & July)
- 1 night B & B, 2 rounds of Golf, Galgorm £99
- Irish Open 2012 The Fitzwilliam hotel Belfast £195 per room per night
- 1 night B&B at Ramada Portrush, 2 rounds of golf £169 ( October )
- 4 nights B&B at Ramada Portrush, 4 rounds of golf £425 ( all year )
- Irish Open 2012 Queen’s University Belfast £75.00 Single - £135.00 Double
- Hastings Culloden Estate and Spa, Bed, Breakfast + Ulster Bus Tour day return + Irish Open Golf Tickets + complimentary Cocktail From £240 per superior room per night
- Abbey Self Catering,Self Catering Accommodation and Ulster Bus Tour day return + Irish Open Golf Tickets From £790 for 6 nights accommodation for 8 people
- Irish Open 2012 Hastings Europa Hotel From £190 per classic room per night
- Days Hotel Belfast, Bed, Breakfast + Ulster Bus Tour day return + Irish Open Golf Tickets £114.00 Single per night or £79.50 per person sharing per night
- La Mon Hotel & Country Club,Bed & Breakfast, Transfer to Coach Transport & Irish Open Tickets £180 per room per night
- TARA LODGE,Bed, Breakfast + Ulster Bus Tour day return + Irish Open Golf Tickets £169 per room per night
- Bed, Breakfast + Ulster Bus Tour day return + Irish Open Golf Tickets, Hilton £199 per room per night
- Park Inn by Radisson Belfast - Irish Open 2012 package £189 Per room per night based on 2 sharing, £134 based on single occupancy
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast - Irish Open 2012 package £209 Per room per night based on 2 sharing, £154 per night based on single occupancy
- Irish Open 2012 Wellington Park Hotel £189.00 per room
“I love being from Northern Ireland. I tell everyone how great it is. For me, it's the best place on earth.” Rory McIlroy.
Golfing in Ireland is many things. It’s scenic, it’s challenging, it’s great value, and most of all – it’s memorable. Considering what wonderful golf trips are possible for visitors, we’d like to add, it’s easy to plan too! Our dedicated page brings together tee times, a list of courses, holiday deals and golfing events all at your fingertips. Your next round in Ireland is literally a click away.
Ireland’s greens are world-renowned for good reason. They’ve been host to many a major tournament, from the Ryder Cup in the K Club, to the WGC-American Express Championship in Mount Juliet and the Open Championship in Royal Portrush. The New York Times and Travel + Leisure have lauded Northern Ireland’s courses, as our blog discovered. Whether it’s our world-famous links, challenging parkland or hidden gems offering superb value – every course will make you feel like a winner.