Sehenswürdigkeiten und Aktivitäten
- Directions: The gardens are 7km south-east from Abbeyleix, off R432 to Ballinakill, in the grounds of Heywood Community School.
- Facilities: Car/Coach Park - Restricted Access - Guided Tours
- Opening Times: Oct – Mar Daily 8.30pm – 5.30pm
- Admission Prices: Apr & Sept Daily 8.30am – 7pm
- Opening Months: May – Aug Daily 8.30 – 9pm
- OPW: Free
Heywood GardensBallinakill Laois - Ireland East
Completed in 1912, the Heywood Gardens consist of gardens, lakes, woodland and architectural features. It is located near Ballinakill, County Laois and was transferred to State ownership in 1993 from the Salesian Fathers, who had taken care of it since 1941. The formal gardens form the centrepiece of the property and were designed by the famous architect, Sir Edwin Lutyens (1869-1944) and probably landscaped by Gertrude Jekyll (1843-1932). The gardens are composed of four elements linked by a terrace that ran along the front of the house, which now no longer exists. An extensive re-planting programme is currently underway. There is also limited access for visitors with disabilities.
KontaktTelephon+353 (0)57 873 3563
Adresse: Ballinakill, Co Laois, Republic of Ireland