Things to see or do
- Directions: Located two and a half kilometres south west of Thomastown on the N9.
- Opening Hours: Open daily. March – May 31st: 9.30 – 17.00. June – mid-September: 9.30 – 18.00. Mid-September – October 31st: 9.30 – 17.00. November: 9.30 – 16.00. December – March: Pre-booked tours only. Closed for the Christmas period.
- Other Facilities: Exhibition, toilet for the disabled. Car / coach Park.
- Admission: Adult: €3. Senior/Group: €2. Child/Student: €1. Family: €8. Child under 6: Free of charge. Admission to OPW sites are free on the first Wednesday of every month until the end of 2012.
- Season:: Open all year.
- Access: Limited access for visitors with disabilities.
- Admission Prices: Admission to OPW sites is free on the first Wednesday of every month until the end of 2012.
Jerpoint AbbeyThomastown Kilkenny - Ireland South
The King of Ossory founded the beautiful Jerpoint Abbey near Thomastown, County Kilkenny in 1158 and today, with many details preserved, the site offers a unique glimpse into the life of the Cistercian monks who once inhabited it. Guests can visit the Romanesque church and see tombs from the 13th to 16th centuries, among them the final resting place of the abbey’s first abbot, Felix O’Dulany. Another highlight is the sculpted cloister arcade, which has pillars decorated with rich carvings. Inside the visitor centre, an informative exhibition is on display. Guided tours are also available.
ContactTelephone+353 (0)56 772 4623
Fax:+353 (0)56 775 4003
Address: Jerpoint Abbey, Thomastown, Co Kilkenny, Republic of Ireland