Towns of Cork
Fermoy —County Cork
Fermoy, 35 km north-east of Cork City, is a former garrison town on the banks of the River Blackwater.
It is strategically located where the main roads from Dublin to Cork and Dungarvan to Killarney intersect. Fermoy was built in the 1790's by a Scottish merchant, John Anderson. Today it is a most popular base for game and coarse anglers. There are attractive walks along the banks of the river, starting in the town centre, as well as an 18 hole golf course.