Things to see or do
- Prices: Admission charge.
- Mobile narrative: One of the oldest vernacular domestic buildings in Northern Ireland.
Hezlett HouseColeraine Londonderry - Northern Ireland
Hezlett’s picturesque thatched cottage exterior hides a fascinating early timber frame dating from 1690, making it one of the oldest vernacular domestic buildings in Northern Ireland. The story of the house is told through the experiences of the people who lived there.
• Traditional thatched cottage
• Interesting exposed cruck-truss roof construction
• Cosy home with tiny rooms
• House is furnished in mid-Victorian style
• Home to the Downhill Marbles collection
• Guided tours
• A delightful afternoon treat
Visitor facilities –
Historic house: Garden: Guided tours : Suitable for picnics: Access for visitors with disability: Facilities for families: Learning: Dogs welcome on leads in grounds/garden only.
ContactTelephone+44 (0)28 7084 8728
Address: Hazlett House, 107 Sea Road, Castlerock, Co Londonderry, BT51 4TW