qué ver y hacer
- Directions: From Cork: Turn off N71 at Ballydehob, go through Schull and Goleen out to Mizen Head. From Killarney: Turn off N71 just after Bantry, go through Durrus and Goleen to Mizen Head.
- Guided Tours Available: Yes
- Catering Facilities: Mizen Café
- Retail Outlet: Yes, Shop@theMizen
- Audio Visual Presentation: Yes
- Disabled Access: Yes
- Admission Prices: Adult: €6.00 Senior/Student: €4.50 Children Under 12 years: €3.50 Children Under 5 years: Free Family Ticket(2 adults, 2 children): €18
Mizen Head Visitor CentreGoleen Cork - Ireland South
Mizen Head Signal Station, built to save lives off the treacherous rocks at Ireland’s most south-westerly point, five miles from Goleen, is open to the public. In all weathers, the Mizen is spellbinding. Mizen Head Signal Station Visitor Attraction is three experiences in one exciting package. Firstly there is the dynamic visitor centre displaying: the navigational aids simulator, the Fastnet Hall, the geology of the Mizen, the Fastnet Rescue Tide Clock, the SS Irada Propellor and much more. Secondly there is the walk to the Signal Station down the famous 99 steps, and over the Arched Bridge amid stunning scenery with the possibility of seeing seals, kittiwakes, gannets and choughs. One of the best places in the world to see Minke, Fin and Humpback Whales and Dolphins. Lastly there is the Keepers' Quarters in the former Irish Lights Signal Station. Here you can view the engine room with the Marconi Radio Room and the Workman's Quarters with the Mizen Map Collection, CIL Boats displays and much more. You can also visit the Mizen cafe and gift shop.
ContactoTeléfono+353 (0)28 35 225
Página web: www.mizenhead.ie
dirección: Mizen Head, Mizen Tourism Cooperative, Harbour Road, Goleen, Co Cork, Republic of Ireland